The Lord is doing something, I just don't know what He is designing. As I have learned this year, I will "get up and go" and then I will find out my assignment. No I am not going to Russia, yet!
I am intrigued however.
Here are a few Russian Christmas facts;
- Christmas was banned throughout Russia in 1917.
- The winter holidays were celebrated as a New years holiday
- In 1992, Seventy-five years later, the holiday officially was given permission to be celebrated.
- Christmas is celebrated around January 7
- Over 80% celebrate Christmas
- One third see themselves as religious (They go to church on holidays)
- 3% say they are deeply religious
- 11% are atheist
- 6% are not religious but observe Christian traditions (weddings, baptisms)
1.imbued with or exhibiting religion; pious; devout; godly: a religious man.
2.scrupulously faithful; conscientious: religious care.
3.pertaining to or connected with a monastic or religious order.
4.appropriate to religion or to sacred rites or observances.
This is where we all need to be reminded that being a Christian, a follower of Christ, is about a relationship.
We need a Relationship-
1.a connection, association, or involvement.
2.connection between persons by blood or marriage.
Moscow Good News Church is making an impact and changing lives.
Russian Ministries Is living out the good news by coming alongside of people and sharing the love of Christ.